Friday, March 12, 2010

Type in the Round

Amanda and I have decided to group together because both of our experiments involve multiple messages on multiple surfaces. We both involve the viewer/user in different ways, but rely on dimensionally for a mixed message.
As a designer, I would pay to go to this conference, because it would give me a better understanding of a mixed message, give me ideas that I may have never thought, and encourage me to look outside the "page." I would learn from the wide range of people attending, and get critiqued by the most unlikely people. This experience would freshen my mind and encourage me to push my typography to the extreme.
Because our audience ranges from designers to marketers to sculptors, the attendees will get a diverse understanding of dimensional typography. We will have very interesting and assorted workshops, and the group discussions will be very diverse.
We may need to narrow down our audience, because there might be some confrontation between sculptors and designers, or because both professional designers and professional sculptors may not want to hear each other's POVs. However, if you go to a conference, you probably want to learn. We also should narrow down our topic to 3 dimensional works that encourage interaction.




This is before I add color and before Amanda and I decided to pair up.

No comments: