Sunday, November 1, 2009

Postcard 2


by Connor

Connor's feedback was not really what I was trying to say, but he noticed a few of my design decisions that I saw as positive, but he took them as negative. The experiences and backgrounds of us both gave us different responses. For example, when I put the not-so-colorful lime twist on a white background with odd colors in the corners, I was trying to show the dreamlike trance someone would get after having a couple of drinks. Connor saw the blue in the top right corner as sickness, which is understandable. Now, I'm going to take his feedback and nix the positive, dreamlike idea and go with the disgusting, sickly, drunk idea.
The noise that i believe he picked up was the "prejudice of the viewer" noise. I'm not saying Connor can not understand my point of view, but we both have separate interpretations of my photo.

1 comment:

Connor Gaughan said...

My intent with the wooden cutting board was to give the lime a sense of place. I agree that our experiences obviously change our views and perceptions of each postcard. Looking back I understand your decision making. You make a very interesting point on how ones background and experiences change how you look at things.

The fact that you are taking the sickly, drunk, route was not my initial intension with this postcard. I was hoping to make the lime twist seem a little less blank. Give it a tone that made you feel at home. Not drunk, at home, alone.